Thursday, April 5, 2007

Screams In The Background

As I am writing this post I am listening to Violet's screams in the background. Why is she screaming, you ask? Well, if I could figure that out she wouldn't be screaming. Violet keeps saying something like "elephant" but that's not what she's asking for. I've asked her to show me what she wants and I just get more protests of screams and tears. What am I to do? I've come up with the only thing I can think to do, ignore the fit and try to distract myself with something else... aka, writing a blog entry about this.

I put on a bible songs cd for Violet and that seems to have a soothing effect on her ~ at times. Violet stops to listen and sing along with the music periodically but it's not long before she's screaming bloody murder again. I'm praying that the experts advice of ignoring a child's fit / temper-tantrum will ring true with our little girl, that if you ignore the fit it'll stop. Seems to be working as its been a whole two minutes since Violet has uttered a scream or cried.

When you talk to parents of little children they fail to tell you that, there will be times when, you'll have to have nerves of steel. If you don't, when your little angel turns into a little devil, you won't be able to cope and before you know it you'll be ready to jump off the nearest bridge. I kid, really. Okay, maybe not so much. Still, being a stay-at-home mother is the greatest job and I wouldn't want to do anything other than this.

No comments: