Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Doing Better

Violet is feeling much better today. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for her. Our little girl still isn't eating much but is at least able to nibble a few crumbs and keep them down. She even perked up enough later today to ask to go to the park. We allowed a few minutes out in the fresh air but kept the time short since the weather is turning chilly here. That little bit of time outside did her a world of good.

I'm still having pain issues but the pain doesn't last as long as it once did. Instead of being doubled over in pain all day it's been more like half the day today. Hey, I'll take what I can get right now! I'm hoping that tomorrow will bring a pain-free existence for me. But as my friend Jenni pointed out in her blog jennilsimmons.blogspot.com , pain is a glorious design of our Creator's because it lets us know when something is wrong. If I hadn't felt pain then I wouldn't have known that I have a cyst on one of my ovaries and therefore wouldn't have gone to the doctor for treatment. As a result of seeing my doctor, I am now on medication that will hopefully dissolve the ovarian cyst, or at least keep it from growing bigger. If you look hard enough, you can find something to be thankful for in every situation.

No comments: