Sunday, February 3, 2008

Brushstrokes In The Sky

Last Monday, on our way home from a doctor's appointment, we saw the most extraordinary sunset ever. I wish I had my camera with me so that I could have captured it with my lens. Words cannot adequately describe the beauty of that sunset. There were the most glorious hues of blue, purple, orange, red and pink in that sunset. Perfect brushstrokes of color on the canvas of the sky.

While driving home I realized there were hundreds of people on the same road we were on but were not able to enjoy the beauty right before their eyes. Thankfully they had their eyes on the road. But what I wouldn't have given for traffic to stop so that everyone could enjoy the beautiful sky that I was enjoying, so that everyone could see the glorious sky that the Master Painter created for us to see.

As Gregg was driving our little family home I was in awe of what was before us. Violet was able to see the sky from her seat in the back and she said it was B-U-TI-FUL! and indeed it was.

1 comment:

jenni said...

I LOVE sunsets like that!