Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring


I had the opportun-ity to get out of the house yesterday and just do some things on my own. I relished the sunshine and fresh air, soaking it up in my every pore. I had the windows down and the stereo up as I drove around town. It felt wonderful to feel the air rush around me. Spring is in the air and it is fantastic!!!

As much as I enjoyed my little romp through town yesterday I am paying for it today. My muscles are screaming at me, asking me "What were you thinking?!!". I don't mind feeling this way though because it's a sign that I am finally beginning to heal and gain my strength back. It's a sign that I'm alive and living, enjoying life as much as I can right now. I look forward to more days like this.

I picked Violet up from daycare the past two days and received a welcome that would warm any mother's heart. As she saw me in the lobby, Violet came running to me and embraced me in a great hug. As she ran towards me she squealed, "MOMMY!!! You're here!" and then she turned to her friends and teachers and said, "This is MY Mommy!" It's a wonderful boost to one's ego when their child is excited to see them and wants to share you with their friends. I had the pleasure of experiencing this two days this week and absolutely loved it.

Meanwhile, Violet had a great Easter egg hunt at daycare on Thursday. Her basket was loaded with eggs, all of which were filled with gum! We have enough gum to last us for the rest of the year, maybe even longer. The kids got to have their faces painted and had all of the normal Easter treats that day. I tried to capture Violet's cuteness with her face painted like a bunny but she was tired and looked more put out than anything but I'll still share.

Easter is tomorrow. I pray that you will be blessed this weekend in amazing ways. Most of all, I pray that you will be reminded of the gift that our heavenly Father gave you by providing salvation through the Cross that His SON bore on our behalf. As a parent, I cannot fathom sacrificing my child for anyone. The pain of that thought alone makes me want to weep. Knowing that God did that for me, and everyone on this earth, humbles me and yanks me to my knees in gratitude.

I hope you will take a moment and reflect on the great sacrifice that was given on your behalf by our Father this weekend. As I'm sure you know, Easter is not about the eggs or the Easter bunny or the traditional ham at the dinner table. Easter is about the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross and new life through His resurrection. As you enjoy the festivities that surround Easter I pray that you will be reminded of what Easter is truly about and how it got its beginning.


"So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called the place of a skull, which in Aramaic is called Golgotha. There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on each side, and Jesus between them (John 19:16-18)...they took the body of Jesus and bound it in linen cloths with the spices, as is the burial custom of the Jews. Now,in the place where he was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid ...they laid Jesus there (John 19:40-41).

...And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise. And they remembered his words, and returning from the tomb they told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest (Luke 24:2-9).

As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, "Peace to you!" But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit. And he said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. (Luke 24: 36-40).

...Then he led them out as far as Bethany, and lifting up his hands he blessed them. While he blessed them, he parted from them and was carried up into heaven (Luke 24: 50-51)."


Have a blessed Easter!

No comments: