Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More?


More health problems. Violet's fever has hit with a vengeance! We've been battling 103.8* and 104.0* fevers for the past few days. Violet's temperature will go down, occasionally, for an hour or so and then spike back up. I think it's only broken, to a normal temperature reading, once or twice in the past few days. Today, our little girl was burning up.

I got online at mamasource.com and asked my local chapter if anyone could recommend a pediatrician in our area. After several replies, there were two doctor's whose names repeatedly came up. Gregg and I checked and they were on our insurance provider's list of recommended doctors. Yea! Finally, I thought we were getting somewhere. Well, the two doctors are not accepting new patients except for newborns. Ugh! Back to square one. There was another doctor in the same office who was recommended and so we called him. He was accepting new patients and thankfully fit Violet in for an appointment.

That eye infection that Violet had earlier last week turned out to be a nasty sinus infection. The gunk in her eyes was just the beginning of what was to come. Violet is now on an antibiotic and we're praying that she starts to feel better soon. And, we're thankful to have found a pediatrician in our area. I think we've found a good one. Gregg was impressed with the doctor but Violet had her reservations. I'm hoping that she was just shy with the new doctor since she has done so well lately with our former pediatrician and his partners.

I have nothing to base an opinion on other than what Gregg told me. I couldn't take Violet because now I am running a fever. Gregg told me, in no uncertain terms, that I was to stay home and rest. And so, that's what I did. My body aches all over and I've developed a cough that starts from the back and makes it's way out. Needless to say, it's painful to cough right now. Tylenol has been my trusty friend although I do wish I could take ibuprofen (I'm terribly allergic) because it works incredibly well for Violet and it would be helpful to be able to alternate between the two medications. Still, I'm grateful that I'm able to take Tylenol. It's one of the few medications I can take that won't send me into anaphalactic shock. I don't know about you but I actually like being able to breathe (sorry, sarcasm is my way of coping right now).

This year has been one heck of a year for our family. 2008 seems determined to kick us in the ass (please excuse my french, but that's what it feels like). Just when we think we're making our way out of this constant battle of health problems, something else hits us from behind. We're exhausted from everything and are in desperate need of a break. It's easy to get caught up in the unfairness of it all. I've cried out in frustration many times today how this is so "unfair". And, more than anything, I want God to agree with me and immediately improve our health.

My faith is drying up like a puddle in the desert. It is becoming increasingly difficult to keep my mind focused on Christ and to not doubt Him. I've noticed the words "why?" and "unfair" pop up in my vocabulary alot lately and am ashamed of my lack of faith. God has done so much for me and my family and those blessings have recently taken a backseat to my grumblings. I didn't notice it before but I now realize that I am in serious need of an attitude adjustment.

Father, You are too good to me. You are deserving of all my praise and thanksgivings. Please forgive me for my grumblings and my lack of faith. Help me to keep my eyes focused on You and to be a godly example of faith for Violet and Gregg. Thank You Lord for Your gift of salvation. Thank You Lord for my family and friends who love me and support me. Please heal my family and I Lord of all the sickness and afflictions we have been enduring. Breathe new life and good health in our family and our home. Remove the doubts that have been slowing making their way in to my thoughts and heart. Remind me of the blessings You have bestowed upon us Lord and help me not to take them, or You, for granted. Lord, I praise Your holy Name. Thank You for Your love and kindness. May my life be pleasing to You. Amen.

No comments: