Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rant For The Day

Okay, here is my little rant for the day. I really, really do NOT like most drivers who are behind the wheel of a giant vehicle. From my experience, those who drive mammoth vehicles think they own the road and could care less about the rest of us who drive a normal size car.

Yesterday I went to our local Walgreens for a few necessities. The side entrance to the store's driveway is a one-way lane. As I pulled in the driveway there was a jackass (excuse my language but he really pissed me off) behind the wheel of a Hummer driving down the wrong way, blocking my entrance to the parking lot after I had gone more than half way. I guess I didn't move over enough for the driver's liking because he nearly hit me while he slowed down to a crawl making sure that I could see that he was flipping me off. Part of me wanted to climb out of the car and scream "IDIOT" at the jackass. Either he (A) can't read the sign that clearly states "Wrong Way" in front of him, (B) he thinks he's above the law, (C) he thinks he's better than everyone, or (D) all of the above applies. It doesn't matter what he thinks, he's a jackass in my book!!!

I hate drivers who are rude like this man. It's no wonder there are so many cases of road rage. After I managed to get into the parking lot I sat in my car and let out the loudest scream I could muster, an experience all its own since I never do that and because I have no voice right now. I'm sure I looked like an idiot sitting there in my car. I had my stereo turned up as loud as I could tolerate in order to muffle my screams. I have no doubt that if someone saw me at that moment they would have thought I was an insane woman but at that point I didn't care, I had to let that pent up anger out and that was the safest way to do it.

I try hard to give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe this man actually didn't see the "Wrong Way" sign. What bothered me though was his blatant disrespect for someone he didn't know. He thought he was right and wouldn't budge his mammoth Hummer so that I would have more room to get into the parking lot AND he made sure that I saw he was flipping me off. Also, I'm pretty certain I could see a nasty word being spoken in my direction. Lord knows I had some foul words of my own coming out of my mouth. I'm not proud of that but at least I wasn't looking at the idiot who my words were intended for. I waited until I was parked to let my rage out.

So, there you have it, my rant for the day. I don't know about you but I feel much better for letting that all out. Feel free to share your own thoughts or experiences with idiots behind the wheel.

No comments: