Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thankful

Hallelujah, we are all feeling well! Seriously, I am not saying that in a sarcastic tone at all, I really mean it. It has been one battle after another in regards to our health and I will praise God for every single moment of healthiness (is that a word?) that we are fortunate enough to have.

We try to praise Him in every circumstance but fall short too often. It's easy to get caught up in your circumstances and only see what's going on at that moment. If you let it affect your outlook in life you're screwed. Needless to say, it's hard not letting our spirits get pulled down along with how we've been feeling physically. Thankfully, the rays of sunshine are finally breaking through the clouds of ill health and our spirits are getting the much needed vitamin D that we've been lacking. And soon our bodies will be getting the real vitamin D as we start to spend more time outside.

Violet still isn't eating as well as we would like but at least there is something going in. I think it'll take a while before her appetite is back to normal but as long as she eats something then I'm not going to worry. She's not losing weight and it doesn't seem to affect her level of energy so I think she's good to go. My tummy has finally settled down but, just like Violet, my appetite isn't all that great. Which that is a good thing if you ask me!

We're looking forward to our trip coming up in a few weeks to visit my parents, Violet's MiMi and Grandpa P. The anticipation here is building with each passing day. "Is this the day we go see MiMi and Grandpa?" Violet asks, "No sweetheart, not today." I answer. We go through this dialogue at least once a day. I foresee a paper-chain craft in our near future: one link for each day to count how many more days there are till we leave. We've also got a few Father's Day craft projects to work on before then. Shhh, don't tell Gregg!

I am excitedly hoping to go to an art glass show while we visit my parents. I love colored glass and am amazed by how art glass is created. It is truly incredible how talented glass blowers are able to turn something that is not that special into a thing of beauty. And, I am hoping to find a little treasure there, in the gift shop, to bring home with me that will add some beauty to our little humble abode, preferably something in red.

No comments: