Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Literary Jack

I love fall and everything that comes with it... beautifully colored leaves in hues of orange, yellow and red. Cooler weather with chimney smoke in the air. Halloween, Thanksgiving, My Birthday, pecan pie, turkey, etc. etc. And, knowing that Christmas is just around the corner.

While I have an abundance of Christmas decorations I have nothing for fall and Halloween. So, I decided to get a little creative with what I have around the house and Violet and I made "Literary Jack" (a craft project that I saw on this blog, one of my new favorites).

This was such an easy craft project. I pulled out an old paperback book (one that I was going to resell at my favorite book shop and therefore didn't care about) and folded back each page and its covering pages. That was the most difficult part of the project and even then it wasn't very difficult, just time consuming. Then, I cut out the face shapes and Violet glued them on. She decided that "Literary Jack" needed some hair and so she cut scraps of paper and just poked it in on the top. I think he has character although he may want to go to the men's hair club about his thin hair.

Before we decorated "Literary Jack", I had him sitting in a corner on our bookshelf. The folded book looked good sitting there and so I plan to put it back (minus the added face and hair) once Halloween is over. Two decorations for the price of one craft, you can't beat that!

Note: I apologize for the photo quality that I've been posting lately. My camera is being very temperamental. I think this one has seen its last days and it's time for a new camera.

No comments: