Thursday, October 9, 2008

Manners

This photo really has nothing to do with today's post but I'm in a "Pooh Bear" kind of mood and wanted to share it with you.

We have diligently worked with Violet on her manners. It seems like ever since she was able to ask for things we were saying "ask nicely" or "how do you ask?” She has since mastered "please", and then "thank you", and has now moved on to "yes ma'm" and "yes sir". What can I say? We live in the South and everyone is referred to as either "Ma'm" or "Sir" when thanking someone.

Violet gets confused sometimes as to which word she should use and we've had several discussions on the difference between the two. So, imagine our delight when all of this clicked into place in our little girl's mind. Gregg and I beamed with pride when, after asking Violet to go find her cup, our little girl responded with, "Yes ma'm Mommy!”

2 comments:

Jen said...

Will you come to my house and teach my little girl manners? Her manners are very selective. I feel like I am CONSTANTLY reminding her about her manners. It is so refreshing when a little one has good manners and respect for others. I feel like that is so rare these days. You guys should be very proud.

Kimberly said...

Jen ~ Thank you for the high praise. We are indeed very proud. Hang in there, your daughter will get it soon!