Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Here!

Our curriculum is finally here. Woo hoo!!! And, oh boy, does it ever look amazing. I'm so giddy right now I can't stand myself. Ha! Seriously though, I am very excited. Everything in our package looks wonderful. I'll be using this weekend to familiarize myself with it all so that I can put it to use on Monday.

This program looks incredibly easy to do and I'm feeling more secure in our decision to home school. Everything seems to be done for you with the Veritas Press Curriculum. The lessons are written out for you. They even give you questions to use for each topic you're covering. There is a great deal of material for me to cover this weekend but I feel pretty confident that Violet and I can do this. She is so eager to learn so I have that on my side. And, I feel like I've got a great curriculum on my side too. Just take a look at the 37 pound package that was delivered to our door yesterday!


And look at all the wonderful stuff that was packed inside...



There are 31 primer books (beginning readers), 9 books on art, 46 (5x8) stunning flashcards (they really are pretty), teacher manuals and student workbooks (for Kindergarten and First grade), and a Child's Story Bible are just some of the things included in this great curriculum. There is also a personalized lesson plan for you to follow. And that's just for the phonics portion!



(I have no idea why this photo is turned to the side since it doesn't show up that way in my photos. I just wanted to show you the lesson plans cd. Like how I edited out our name?)

2 comments:

cherish.photography said...

Wow! What fun you will have. You are a lucky mommy.

Kimberly said...

Ha! That curriculum weighs nearly as much as Violet I bet. :) I'm so glad it arrived and I hope you all have an excellent first week with it!