Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm NOT A Food Blogger!

Just a little disclaimer for this post... I am SO not a food blogger! I just thought I'd share with you all what I was cooking on the night I had my little "incident" in the kitchen last month (aka a small kitchen fire). Honestly, I can manage my way in a kitchen, I just don't like to!

With that said, I gave this recipe to a friend to post on her church's online bulletin (hi Jenni!). When I find something that is tasty and economical I like to share it with people. She asked for photos to go along with the recipe and so here's a sampling of what I managed to get. Again, I'm not a food blogger!!!

The ingredients are simple enough...



Everything is simmering along...



Almost done...




Super Easy Cheesy Hamburger & Mac

Description:
An easy alternative to a boxed meal.

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Hamburger
1/2 pkg. Lg. Elbow Macaroni Noodles (12 oz pkg)
1 can Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Diced Onion ~ optional

Directions:
Boil noodles for 1/2 the cooking time ~ they'll finish cooking once added to the meat mixture.

Brown meat w/ onion or seasonings ( I left out the onion and just used onion powder). Drain fat. Add can of diced tomatoes and 1/2 can of water. Bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are cooked through. Add cheese and melt.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good thing I just ate, because that makes me hungry! :)

retiredw/3cats said...

If you are really in a hurry try just adding a can of Hormel chili and top with cheese. Pretty good and quick.

~Crystal~ said...

you are so not going to believe this? I have totally been looking for a recipe for this! Thanks, once again for coming through for me! =0)