Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rejoicing With The Angels


I have been blessed to experience some extraordinary events in my life. Meeting my husband, falling in love, getting married (hallelujah), graduating from college (Go Saders!), and giving birth to my beautiful little girl. Last week I experienced another extraordinary event, one that is just as precious as all the ones I've already mentioned (if not more so). Last week, my precious little five year old invited Christ in to her heart!

My heart is singing with joy and praise right now. My daughter has put her trust, and faith, in Christ. Violet is now not only a member of our biological family but she is a new member in the family of Christ as well. God is so good!

We have a bedtime routine that we follow each night which includes stories being read. Since Christmas, Violet's bedtime stories have come from the Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. And it was after reading from this bible one night that Violet turned to me and said, "Mommy, I want Jesus to live in my heart just like he does in the hearts of the people in the bible." My heart busted with joy! Even as a toddler, Violet has had an understanding and belief in God. Since Christmas though that understanding and belief has blossomed into love. A love and belief that is her own and not just her parent's. So, when Violet said to me that she wanted Jesus to live in her heart, I knew that she understood what she was saying.

I called Gregg into Violet's room and told him what she had shared with me. The look in his eyes is one I will never forget; a look of pride, joy, and love. Gregg asked Violet some questions, making sure Violet understood what she was asking, all the while knowing she knew what this meant. After answering all of her Daddy's questions, Gregg led Violet in the sweetest prayer you can ever hear or say ~ asking Jesus to live in her heart.

As a christian, and as a parent, you child's profession of faith is a monumental moment in your family's life. To actually be there with your child when it happens is extraordinary. This is a memory that I will always hold dear to my heart and thank God for. Mine and Gregg's hearts are swelling with joy as we rejoice with the angels over Violet's profession of faith.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hands down my favorite post, of ANYONE's, of the entire year. I'm rejoicing right here with you! :)