Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Recovered

Monday is a blur to me. Valentine's Day officially kicked my tail.

Seriously.

The day started abruptly at 5 a.m. when Violet decided to wake up. Bright-eyed and bushy tailed. And I rolled out of bed as blurry-eyed as a drunk on Sunset Bulevard.

Once I loaded up on coffee, like two or three cups of the stuff, I was ready to tackle the day. Somewhat. I ended up drinking even more coffee while at school that day. (Mondays are when our home school group meets.) Mondays always start off early, just not that early, and are always busy. So, it's no surprise that I didn't get to sit down the whole day except for a few minutes at lunch. Otherwise, I was on my feet the whole day.

A busy bee has got nothing on me! Of course, I was on a caffiene high for most of the day. So I had that in my favor. A bee only gets a rush on honey and pollen.
Our Classical Conversations group celebrated Valentine's Day like most everyone else does. We had a little party with tons, and I DO mean TONS, of sugar!!! Woo hoo!!! SUGAR!!!!!!

I had the privilege of working with some amazing women who helped me set up for the party. And, we had twelve moms bring cookies, some made from scratch and some store baked. Either way, it doesn't matter. A cookie is a cookie, right? There were 74 kids on campus that day and we had enough cookies for each kid to have two and for all the parents to have one or two themselves.


One of our very talented moms made the banner that we hung behind the table of treats. Another mom brought the lovely flower arrangements on the table. And another mom brought decorations and balloons. It's impossible to single out every mom who helped out because it truly was a group effort. A group that I am incredibly blessed to be a part of.


After the day program was over, we still had another three hours to get through. Oh. My. Word. I am beyond exhausted at this point and my caffiene high had worn off. But you know, I would do it all over again and again and again! The joy on the kids faces was worth every bit of effort that went in to this party. But my day didn't end there.

Violet has been working so hard on her school work lately. As a reward for good behavior and hard work, Violet earned a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's. So, where do we go for our Valentine's Day dinner? You guessed it! Chuck E. Cheese's!!! Ahh, the things we do for love. Yet again, I'd do it all over again because I got to spend time with my family and we made a very special girl beyond happy.


So, even though it took me three days to recover from Valentine's day, I just want to tell you that I love you guys! I've made some amazing friends through this little blog of mine (you know who you are!) and it wouldn't be right to not pass some love your way. I hope you had a wonderful day!

No comments: