Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Beautiful Day

Several years ago we discovered a wonderful little family festival that is held one day each year in our area. We froze our tails off that year but the fun surpassed any discomfort we felt. Unfortunately, we couldn't go to the festival last year. I forget why. But we made it this year!

The day started off a little rough. Parking took a little effort on our part. The little festival we discovered two years ago is not so little anymore now that everyone has heard about it. Once we found a good spot, we parked and made our way to the festival. And then, I fell. Hard. As in, painful boo-boos and owies. Yes, I'm a baby. No news there. At least I'm adult enough to admit that I'm a baby. Right?

I'm still not sure exactly how I fell. I thought I was sure where I was stepping. Heck, I was on solid ground on a concrete sidewalk. I just miss judged a curve/curb/slope somehow and the ground came up to meet me. What's really sad in all of this, I was holding Violet's hand and ended up taking the kid down with me. In the confusion of the moment, I thought she was falling! So, imagine my confusion when I realized at the last second that it was actually ME who was falling. After making sure Violet was okay (which she was) it was then that I noticed I wasn't. I had scraped a knee and palm but my wrist and shoulder really hurt.

My sweetheart of husband suggested we go home. And as much as I loved him for that, there was no way we could disappoint our precious little girl. She has been looking forward to this day for several weeks. So, with a limp in my step, we went to the festival. And we were rewarded with countless smiles and giggles throughout the afternoon.

Violet made several crafts throughout the festival (it was an ART festival after all). Our first stop of the day, a little sketch art...


We got up close and personal with some critters at an animal rescue center's booth...


Which, let me share a little known fact about me here... I HATE snakes!!! So, that photo is a testament of how much I LOVE my daughter!!! I got close enough to take a picture. Just. For. Her!

The fantastic clown who did balloon figures was there again...


The highlight of the day though was the opportunity to meet several Princesses! First, we listened to them as they performed the theme songs to their movies. Then Violet got to do an art page while Belle held her paper for her!


The smile on her face shows how much Violet enjoyed her day...

No comments: