Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye 2011 - Hello 2012

It is unreal to me that we have ushered in a new year. 2011 sped by at an alarming pace. So many things happened with us in 2011 - Violet turned seven, Gregg lost his job and started a new one within ten days after hearing the news his company had to shut down the survey department, Violet experienced the beach for the first time and she started her second year of Classical Conversations, we got to see the exhibit of King Tutankhamen, my Mother finally retired (something I wondered if I'd ever see), I fell (twice), and we've joined Cross Community Church of Katy. So many things happened and nothing I've tried to write thus far seems to properly sum up what 2011 was for us.

As the year was coming to an end, and the new year was being ushered in, I pulled out my camera and did a little interview with Violet. Please excuse the yellow tint in the video, the lighting in Violet's room is very unforgiving.



If you're feeling nostalgic, you can watch last year's interview and be blown away by how much my precious kid has changed in such a short period of time and how she is very much the same. And you can see how well loved her beloved Floppsy is.



One final thought, from our family to yours, may you have a blessed and happy and healthy new year!

No comments: