Friday, June 8, 2007

It's Okay, I Got You!

As I was getting up off the couch the other day I tripped over some toys that were on the floor. I didn't fall, just stumbled. Violet saw this happen and she gingerly got up off the floor and came to my side. She patted my hand and said, "It's okay Mommy. I got you."

I realized that Violet has learned that phrase from us. Whenever there's been an accident with Violet we always scoop her up into our arms (if she's in pain) and tell her that same phrase (with the exception of the name). When Violet told me that everything was okay it warmed my heart. She is learning compassion for others at a very young age. It also showed me that we are doing something right with her. It's helpful to see that your parenting skills are not totally screwing up your kid every once in a while.

No comments: