Monday, August 6, 2007

Improvements

I'm am slowly but surely gaining my strength back. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. I still get winded and sleeping is a bit of a difficulty for me. Lying flat makes it hard to breathe and getting in an inclined position that's comfortable is downright impossible! Still, I'm happy for any improvement.

I decided to keep Violet home today. I just missed her too much last Thursday and Friday to send her to daycare again. So far we're doing well. Thankfully, Violet is being very good and is taking it easy on me. I will admit that I'm looking forward to nap time though. That's the thing with pneumonia, you hit a wall and just want to sleep for a little while. Just breathing takes it out of you when you struggle through this. The inhaler helps somewhat but it's not enough to compare to life without pneumonia.

My husband is off at work today. We're trying to get back to some sense of normality. And, I'm really trying my best to not have to put Violet in daycare tomorrow. Sleep and rest are the keys to feeling up to doing anything right now.

I know that I've said this before but I am incredibly thankful to my husband. He has been such a help for me and hasn't once complained during all of this. I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful, godly man. God has definitely been very good to me!

No comments: