Friday, August 17, 2007

Tests

The past few days have been filled with testing of my patience and endurance. Ever since my return from the hospital Violet has done everything she can to see what she'll get away with. There have been plenty of tantrums and outright disobedience that I've had more than my fill. I guess this is Violet's way of getting even with me for being away those few days.

Violet is usually a very well behaved child. She is not unlike other three year olds in that she'll have an occasional tantrum or act up for a few minutes. But THIS, this constant disobedience and willfulness is NOT like our child! I don't know how to deal with this devil of a child that has the face of our precious little girl. It is all very disconcerting dealing with this side of Violet since she's never acted so badly before.

I've felt like ripping off Violet's arm and giving her a good beating with it. Time out works to an extent but it's effects are not working as well as they once did. I just have to remind myself that eventually this will pass. Violet will realize that her mommy's here and that life is going to go back to normal. She's going to realize that the rules are still the same and that nothing is any different than what its been. Rules are rules and she needs to follow them. Otherwise, that arm that I mentioned before, we may be forced to use such measures. ;~)

No comments: