Sunday, September 9, 2007

Friends

An old friend of mine from high school contacted me today. She and I have been out of touch with one another for nearly twenty years now. It was wonderful catching up with her and finding out how things are in my old hometown. She and I had a wonderful conversation and I hope that we'll keep in touch.

After getting off the phone with my friend I began thinking about Violet and the friends she'll make in life. As seriously as I take my friendships, I hope that Violet will be someone who'll be a faithful and true friend to those she's close with. There's a verse in Proverbs 18 that I am reminded of whenever I think of my friends..."there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18: 24) That's the kind of friend that I hope Violet will be and who she'll surround herself with.

No comments: