Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quiet

The house is quiet and still right now. Violet is slumbering soundly upstairs. The toys are put away and calm has settled in the house. I am about to climb into the covers of my comfy bed soon. Grateful is a feeling that is stirring within my heart right now.

I'm grateful to have a husband who takes Violet for a while so that I can take a nice, long hot bath. (I needed to submerge myself in bubbles and allow the stress of the day to wash off me.) I'm grateful for the knowledge that tomorrow will be a new day, a fresh start. (It is up to me to decide how my attitude will be.) I'm grateful for the grace that God gives us. (I blew it today.) I'm grateful that a day that's been dreary and filled with stress can still end on a good note.


Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy that you shower upon me, even when I screw up. I don't deserve your love but am so thankful to have it. Thank you for blessing me with a family that loves me in spite of my flaws and mistakes. May I make the most out of the new day and may my attitude reflect you. Amen.

No comments: