Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Day From You -Know-Where!

Yesterday was a day right out of the book of Hades! The day started out with a 5 am wake up call from Violet. That alone is enough to start the day off badly. To add injury to the early wake up, I fell in our stairwell as we were going down the stairs in my "lack of sleep brain fog". I fell right on my back onto the stair railing. Let me just say OUCH! My back is still killing me and I've got a terrible bruise on my back to testify to how hard I hit that rail!!! I'm walking around like an 80 year old woman right now, stiff, slow and unsteady.

You would think that would be enough to ruin a day, and you'd be right, but the day only got worse with every second that ticked by. It was as if Violet knew that today would be a good day to misbehave because it would be difficult for me to reprimand her. Boy, did she ever misbehave yesterday! I guess we can't have it the way we want it all the time. We've got to take the "naughty" with the "good".

Thankfully, Gregg came home and he was able to take over for me. Tired, exhausted, and in pain, I went upstairs and licked my wounds (so to speak). Sleep didn't come easily as it was difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in. I made an appointment to see a doctor on Saturday morning and am so grateful for being able to get in. I'm looking forward to having the pain alleviated and going back to a normal routine.

Lord, please let healing come quickly!

No comments: