Sunday, January 27, 2008

Going Granola

As the mother of a three year old girl, I've become more aware of how we treat our environment. I wouldn't go as far to say that I've gone all "granola", not that there's anything wrong with that (my om age to Seinfeld), but I am steadily heading that direction. We started recycling our paper products about a year ago and have just started collecting our soda cans for recycling. I know, we're behind on all of this but hey, we're making progress in the right direction. We're also taking our own eco-friendly bags to the grocery store with us. I'm feeling mighty proud of myself for making these steps to protect our environment. And just in case you missed how proud of myself I'm feeling, picture me patting myself on the shoulder. There, that should do it.

I ventured out to the grocery store tonight, Sunday, something I rarely do on the weekends. I even took Violet with me, I was feeling brave. And as I predicted, it was extremely busy there. After braving the store, and fighting the tempest of Violet's emotions, we were finally ready to check out. As I proudly handed the cashier my bags she told me that it made her happy to see customers bring their own in. Then, as the bags were being loaded with all the groceries, someone commented on a few of my bags, wondering where I got them. I told them that they could find them online here... http://www.lehmans.com/ . If you've not heard of Lehman's then I encourage you to check out their site. They have some great products and they do everything they can to make sure you have 100% customer satisfaction. BTW, the bags I mentioned earlier, you can find them in the eco-friendly goods section.

2 comments:

jenni said...

Wear that granola shirt with pride, I say.
:)

Kimberly said...

I am and I'm making sure that Violet has her own too!