Thursday, February 21, 2008

Beautiful Beginings

We had a beautiful start to the day this morning. Violet woke up in the most amazing mood. HAPPY! It has been such a long time since our little girl has woken up on the right side of the bed that we were startled by the sweet thing that climbed into bed with us this morning. "Who is this child? I don't know, but I sure do like her. Can we keep her?" That was the dialogue between Gregg and I this morning.

After Violet had a bath and ate her breakfast she climbed into bed with me. We played with a sheet of stickers and I enjoyed watching Violet carefully arrange them on a sheet of paper. We did this while Gregg got dressed for work. Violet stayed out of trouble and she and I shared some wonderful quality time. It was so nice in fact that I've optimistically gotten more stickers, a sketch pad and some crayons out and put them by the bed just in hopes that our little girl will wake up again in such a wonderful mood.

No comments: