Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthday Blessings


My father-in-law's birthday was yesterday (sorry for the delay). Just as it is with my mother-in-law, a girl couldn't ask for a better father-in-law. Let me just say, I've been greatly blessed in the family department, on both sides.

Garry had a good day with his family and at church. The oldest of their "second-set" of kids is home for spring break. I'm not sure how much time she's spending at home, as there's so much to catch up on, but I know that Garry is happy to have her home for the week. We wish we could have been there to celebrate Garry's day but had to settle for a phone call.

Violet got to share with her Pops that she had the opportunity to ride a donkey at church (an activity for the kids to experience how Jesus had His triumphant entry into Jerusalem). She also talked about how she is enjoying daycare and that she likes her teachers. Most of all, Violet wished her Pops a happy birthday. I'm sure she was wishing she was able to enjoy some of the birthday cake but was very good about not begrudging him that pleasure.

Garry, thank you for being such a wonderful father, father-in-law and Pops for our family. You have blessed us just by being a part of our lives. May you be blessed beyond measure today and always. Happy Birthday!

(The picture above is of Garry and baby Chloe, my niece.)

No comments: