Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Comfort

We had another great morning this morning. Violet woke up in a great mood and was very easy to work with as we prepared for the day. My favorite part of the morning... Violet "cooking" breakfast and making drinks for me. Our little girl was working hard at the art of play and it was very entertaining to watch. I love mornings like today's.

After Gregg and Violet left, the house suddenly became quiet and still. My wish for sound was soon granted as the weather outside took a turn towards a storm. The wind was blowing like mad and the rain was being blown in sheets. Our windows on the patio were getting the most rain they have seen since we've moved in. The sounds of the storm were glorious to me. They were quite soothing and I didn't feel as alone as I did before my family left for the day. In a way it felt like God was comforting me in my loneliness, filling the voids of sound that were left behind. As the wind blew outside it blew away any sadness that I was feeling and rest soon settled upon me. And yet again, God gave me exactly what I needed at the exact time I needed it. He never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: