Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Life Lesson

At some point one would think enough is enough. We get over one health issue and then another seems to slap us in the face. Our health is mocking us. We'll start to feel like things are looking up for us and then bam, something else goes wrong. Enough is enough!!!

We finally got through the stomach virus that seemed to go on forever. I'm feeling better from my surgery, finally. Now, I'm battling migraines again. Two days with one. Enough is enough.

Violet came home today with a bit of a swollen eye. Dark and a slight discharge. I foresee a visit to the pediatrician in the near future. Gregg and I don't think it's pink eye and are hoping it's just allergies. We'll know more in the morning when our little girl wakes up. Enough is enough.

Still, we are counting our blessings, and yes, there are some blessings to be counted. I'm no longer in pain from ovarian cysts and endomitriosis and have healed from the surgery. The stomach virus is gone. We have a roof over our heads, food on our table and clothes on our backs. So, in the grand scheme of things, we're doing pretty well. It's all a matter of perspective. Sometimes we have to look for the blessings and be content with what we have rather than focus on the negative. It's not always easy to do that but I'd rather teach that lesson to Violet than have her focus on the bad in life. Sometimes it is just as simple as looking at the glass as half full rather than half empty.

As for the migraines, just like the other health issues we've dealt with thus far, this too shall pass. So, in the meantime, I'm gonna do my best to focus on the good, ignore the unpleasant, and teach my daughter to do the same. It's good to be content with the blessings we have.

No comments: