Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oh My!

I'll admit it, I'm not one who likes to cook. Obviously I love eating but it's the task of cooking that I'm not particularly fond of. Every so often I get in the mood to cook and when that strikes I'll whip up some really tasty dishes. When I'm not in the mood to cook it seems like drudgery to complete the task.

With that said, it goes against all logic that I actually like certain cooking shows. Rachael Ray being my favorite. She's got the perky personality that makes her seem down to earth and someone I'd enjoy getting to know. It also helps that she has different segments on her show regarding celebrities, beauty tips and products, house tips and products, and all other sorts of things. Well, today Rachael had a segment that really struck home with me... A Year of Crock Potting!!!

Rachael Ray heard of a woman, Stephanie, who writes a blog on Crock Potting and had her on her show today. My cooking aversioned ears perked up when I saw this. "Oh My! Now, this is something I can do!!!", I said to myself. To me there's nothing better than throwing everything in a crock pot, setting the timer, and let it do all the work for you. Or as one infomercial says, "Set it and Forget it!" Sorry, I don't know which product that's from but that's what crock pot cooking is like for me.

After looking at Stephanie's blog I saw that she had a lot of recipes that I believe my husband would actually eat (he's terribly picky although I must give him credit because his tastes are expanding). I even found myself get excited about the prospect of putting more home-cooked meals on my table. I'm making my grocery list according to some different recipes on the blog and looking forward to trying them out. I'll keep you posted on what we think of the recipes. In the meantime, check out the blog and see what you think of it. New and easy recipes? Now how can you not get excited about that?!!!

No comments: