Monday, September 8, 2008

Chili!

Okay folks, my desire for cooler weather is starting to go into overdrive. We love a good bowl of chili here in our house, especially during the cooler months. Well, while dreaming of Fall to arrive my taste buds took over and I just HAD to make chili! I know, chili isn't the healthiest meal I can make. That's not the point. The point is that it's comfort food and I was needing a healthy dose of that. So, chili is what we had and it was tasty!

BEEF...
(See that pretty pan? That was part of a set that my parents gave me for Christmas last year. I am SO loving my new stainless steel cookware set. Thanks Mom and Dad!)

The Ingredients...
(Don't let the "False Alarm" label fool you. This chili can get a little spicy, especially if you let it simmer longer than the recommended time.)

Frito Pie Fixins...


Some people like this with their chili...


I like THIS...
(Don't knock it until you've tried it. It really is good.)

Frito Pie Assembly ~ the chips...

Add the chili...

My not-so-secret topping...

And Cheese...


Then EAT UP...
(Please ignore the TV on in the background. I was distracted while fixing dinner and taking photos and forgot that it was on.)

No comments: