Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Favorite Time of Day


I love bedtime. It has to be my absolute favorite time of the day. I love reading bedtime books to Violet and listening to her as she recites them along with me. Watching her curl up with Ellie, her stuffed elephant, and getting cozy in her bed is one of the sweetest things to watch. Listening to her breathing as Violet drifts off to sleep, seeing her relaxed and welcoming sweet dreams, my heart swells with gratitude for the child Gregg and I have been blessed to have. There is nothing like bedtime.

Note: The photo above is an old photo. Violet doesn't use the pacifier anymore. As relieved as we are that she doesn't use them anymore I kind of miss hearing what she called them. "Fyers". Violet had trouble saying "paci" and therefore made up her own name for them.

1 comment:

Cate said...

I love watching the kids sleep. I agree - bedtime is definitely a favorite time. :)