Monday, February 16, 2009

In Honor of President's Day

In honor of President's Day I thought I would post a few presidential quotes from a few of our greater presidents.

I'm convinced that today the majority of Americans want what those first Americans wanted: A better life for themselves and their children; a minimum of government authority. Very simply, they want to be left alone in peace and safety to take care of the family by earning an honest dollar and putting away some savings. This may not sound too exciting, but there is something magnificent about it. On the farm, on the street corner, in the factory and in the kitchen, millions of us ask nothing more, but certainly nothing less than to live our own lives according to our values —at peace with ourselves, our neighbors and the world.
Ronald Reagan 1976 (Nationally telivised event)


The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted, it belongs to the brave.
Ronald Reagan 1986


The only limit to our realization of tomorrow
will be our doubts of today
.
Franklin D. Roosevelt


I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
George Washington


My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
George Washington

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great post. I almost forgot it was President's Day.

Glenna said...

Wonderful quotes!! Thanks for posting them.

Kimberly said...

Thanks ladies! I enjoyed looking through all the different quotes.