Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Twenty Years Later

It doesn't happen often, in fact I don't remember the last time it happened, but it sure is a great ego boost to be carded. I was doing the grocery shopping for our Christmas festivities and decided it would be nice to pick up some Dos Equis Amber for my hubby and Dad. I made my way through the mad house that our favorite grocery store had become, with the help of my Mom and Dad, and was completely worn out by the time we got to the check out stand. After unloading all the groceries, I took a quick mental break while waiting for the cashier to scan everything. I was so spaced out that I didn't notice things come to a stop and the cashier say something to me. Here's part of our conversation...
Me ~ "I'm sorry, what did you just ask me?"
Cashier ~ "I need to see your ID please."
Me ~ "For what?"
Cashier ~ "To see that you're old enough to purchase the beer."
Me ~ "You're kidding, right?"
Cashier ~ "No ma'am."
Me ~ "I love you!!!"
Yes, I told a complete stranger that I loved her! I'm not ashamed to admit that either. I've not been carded in the longest time. Heck, I wasn't even carded the first time I bought liquor!!! So, to be carded some twenty years after being of the legal buying age is huge! HUGE!!!

So, you won't mind if I shout out the fact that I GOT CARDED FOLKS!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

LOL! Okay, I have to ask now, how old are you?

Bobbie - Clumsy Crafter said...

I'm jealous.