Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Prayers Appreciated

I'm here to ask you to remember a dear friend's son in your prayers. J. (the son) was in a horrific car accident a few nights ago. The accident was so severe that they actually had to life-flight him to a major hospital here in the Houston area. (Thank God for quality health care!) J. has had two surgeries already and is in stable condition but in critical care.

God had his hand on J. during his accident. Three air bags deployed and they had difficulty getting him out of the car. His mother said that to look at the car you wouldn't expect anyone to survive. It is truly a miracle that he's alive today!

Please keep J. and his family in your prayers. The recovery process sounds like it is going to take a while. His Mom, who is like a second mother to me, is holding up well (as are the rest of the family). Still, this must be affecting them a great deal.

I remember when J. was born. He was three years old when Gregg and I were married and was already quite the lady's man. J. went to every woman at our wedding reception and gave us all hugs. That act was a great reflection of his Mother and her loving spirit. It's hard for me to think of him as a young adult now, ready to take on the world and make his mark on it. I believe that God is going to use this young man's life in remarkable ways. That he survived this accident is a testament that God has greater plans for him.

Thank you for your prayers!


UPDATE:
J. is home recuperating! Thank you for remembering him in your prayers.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry for getting to this late. Prayers going up. I hope he has improved!

~Crystal~ said...

my goodness, kimberly . . . i haven't had time to read your blog lately . . . how is J?