Friday, February 11, 2011

Passing Along Good Music

There is a widespread abuse of children that most people don't know about. Our children are being exposed to junk that passes itself off as music. I don't know about you, but I consider that abusive. Okay, really, seriously, I don't. Just want to clarify that to those who may be actually taking me seriously. Still, it's a crying shame what our kids are listening to these days.

Good music is good music. We should be letting our children listen to the many great artists that are out there. Forget about Beiber! How about The Civil Wars!!!

Gregg came home tonight with two tickets to a concert that will take place in the great city of Houston on March 19th. The musical greatness that we will have the privilege of seeing is none other than the Civil Wars. Oh my word, excited doesn't even cover how I feel about this opportunity.

The concert will be held at a small venue so there literally won't be a bad seat in the place. To be in the same breathing space of these amazing artists is mind boggling to me. Lord, I can't wait!!!

Oh, and let me just say for the record, their CD Barton Hollow is a-ma-zing!!! Pure genius folks. So, if you haven't already, please rush out and buy their CD. Even though some of the songs have older natured topics they are tastefully done. So, please, don't deprive your children of this amazing talent. Let them experience what great, dare I say genius, music sounds like.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love, love, love the way you think and the way you post. Civil Wars, brilliant. Nuff said.