Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Today has been a very interesting Valentine's Day. My beloved husband, Gregg, was called out of town on business on Monday and will be out of town for the next few days. This is our first time with him on a business trip since we were first married and this is certainly Violet's first experience with her Daddy being out of town. So, life has been a little different around here for us.

Gregg thought ahead for his being gone during Valentine's Day and left me the sweetest card and some of my absolute favorite chocolates. But no matter how sweet the card was it was what Gregg actually wrote inside the card that took my breath away. Folks, let me tell you a little secret about my beloved, he can melt my heart with the things he says! And he doesn't just write down a sweet sentiment that he thinks will make me happy, he writes from the heart. I am such an incredibly lucky woman! And I miss my sweet husband.

Violet was beyond thrilled about Valentine's Day this year. She woke me up with the most adorable cut out heart that she worked hard on yesterday. I think it is my favorite valentine she's made yet! And, I'm pretty sure I will say the same thing about next year's valentines. I made Violet's Valentine card this year and I think I did a pretty good job with it. Red card stock, pretty foam hearts that I made to look like candy hearts, and a pretty little swirly thing on it as well. She also received a little chocolate and a pair of sweet little pink socks with hearts on them. She has worn her socks with great pride today!

Violet and I spent the day with friends for the majority of the day. While I was doing things with my friends, Violet was playing with their children. So basically you could say we've had a giant play date today! That's one of the joys of homeschooling, you can work your schedule around things like this and then do a make up day on Saturday. Fortunately for us, we don't have to make it up on Saturday as our co-op isn't meeting this Friday so it will be a regular day of work. The change in schedule was totally worth the make up day because I enjoyed myself so much, and laughed so hard, that my ribs hurt! Any time spent like that is spent well.

Since Gregg is out of town Violet got to choose what we had for our dinner. Her choice was one of my favorites - Breakfast! So our fancy-schmancy Valentine's dinner consisted of eggs, grits, bacon, and biscuits. For those who had steak and chocolate dipped strawberries, I'm sorry for making you jealous! Heehee. Seriously though, it was pretty darned good!

While it's not a conventional way to spend Valentine's Day, today was a pretty great. The only thing that could have made it perfect is in Corrigan, Texas right now.
Happy Valentine's Day Gregg! Your girls miss you more than anything and we can't wait until you are back home with us, where you belong. Be safe, work hard, and return home to us safe and sound. The day you return home will be our true Valentine's Day!

No comments: