Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Generousity of Strangers

I am completly amazed by the generousity of strangers. Someone we've never met before gifted us with a very important baby gift that we were yet to receive - a traveling car seat! A friend noticed someone was trying to sell a Graco Rittenhouse Car Seat, brand new and still in its box, for a great price and sent me a link to the sale. I responded quickly and asked if she would hold the car seat for us until Friday, when Gregg gets paid. This sweet lady sent me an email shortly afterwards and said, "My husband and I feel that we are supposed to bless your family by giving you this carseat." My heart leaped for joy because I knew that what we were going to pay for this particular car seat was about half of its retail value, and here we were getting it for free! Wonders never cease! So now, all we have to purchase is the actual Graco Rittenhouse Stroller.
I am still trying to process this generous gift from someone who is a complete stranger to us. And the car seat was not the only gift that they blessed us with - we also received several diaper disposal bags to fit in the Arm & Hammer diaper disposal system and a sweet gift bag filled with designer burp cloths, a sweet taggie blanket, headbands with clip on flowers, a Christmas Lullaby cd, and the most adorable socks for an infant girl.

My heart is overwhelmed by this family's generousity towards complete strangers. This is taking the act "Pay It Forward" to a whole new level. Just as I was starting to panic about this newborn necessity God moved and said, "I've got this covered. Trust in Me and I'll take care of things." To be perfectly honest with you, I'm slow to come around to things sometimes and will admit that I worry when I should just trust in my heavenly Father. This was such a time for me and God reminded me very clearly of the following verse...
    Matthew 6:25-34
    “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? ..."

To the family who so graciously donated this car seat to us... Thank you! I can never fully express what a blessing this was for us. We will be reminded of God providing for our needs through the generousity of strangers every time we place our little girl in this. May God bless you richly and abundantly.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Hi Kimberly,

In 1998, I was fortunate enough to hike the Appalachian Trail from Georgia up to Maine. Along the way, people often offer help; unsolicited help. Sometimes it is kind or supportive words, sometimes some water, a ride out of town to the trail, and on an on. Hikers refer to those people as trail angels.

What I learned is that there are trail angels for our life's journey as well. Paying it forward is alive and well thankfully.

Thanks for sharing your testimony to the goodness and generosity that comes sometimes from complete strangers.