I took Violet to the doctor yesterday (Tuesday) because it was her fourth day with a fever. While we were waiting for Violet's doctor to come into the examining room a student doctor visited us. Violet has a deep aversion to all doctors and nurses due to her having many shots to prevent RSV when she was just a tiny thing. Well, the student doctor got an earful of Violet's cries of protest. Bless his heart he tried to ease Violet's fears but she wasn't going to have anything to do with him. It didn't help matters that he was uncomfortable around her... I seriously wonder if he had been around many children.
Finally, when Violet's regular doctor entered the room she was pretty well worked up. She cried like she usually does. What amazed me was that Violet actually settled down some. I pointed the doctor's tie out to Violet and she immediately took interest in all the dinosaurs that were on it. Violet still didn't want to be examined but at least she didn't fight it as intensely as she has done in the past.
The doctor said that Violet has another ear infection. He also said that it was probably caused by the sore throat that she had last month; some fluid had remained and settled into her ear, thus the infection. The doctor gave us another antibiotic, the 3rd one in 2 months, and said if Violet's fever isn't consistently below 100.0 degrees within the next 72 hours then we're to take her back for another evaluation. If the fever breaks, then he wants to see her again in 2 weeks.
God, please let this be over soon! We want our precious little girl to feel well and to be healthy again. Thank You for the medical care that You have given us through doctors and nurses. Please, Lord, let this new medication work in clearing up the infection that has developed in our daughter's ear. Amen.