Sunday, May 13, 2007

On Being Spoiled...

I have had the most fabulous weekend ever! Saturday, May 12th, was mine and Gregg's twelfth wedding anniversary. Part of Gregg's wedding gift to me was a time of pampering. I was given the gift of a manicure and pedicure at a local nail salon. They have massaging chairs that you sit in while having your pedicure done. Aah, I was so relaxed when I left there.

After I got home, Gregg and I put Violet in daycare for four hours so that we could enjoy a nice date, just the two of us. Once we dropped Violet off we exchanged our gifts. I gave Gregg a devotional book titled "Daily Light". He gave me one several years ago, right after we were married, and I have treasured that little book. I also gave Gregg a figurine of a sailboat with the inscription of Psalm 37:23 on the sail. It says, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and He delights in his way." This scripture says exactly what I think of my wonderful husband. I am married to a good man and am very blessed to be his wife.

The gifts that Gregg gave me were a devotional book and a wonderful journal. The devotional book is written by missionaries and has scripture readings in them. This is the best gift because my best friend is overseas right now, working in the field. I'll learn through this book how best to pray for her and be an encouragement to her as I read of the things other people have encountered. My husband knows how devoted I am to my friends and encourages that in me. This is just a simple way that he has shown me how he appreciates that characteristic.

The journal is also a wonderful gift. I am always writing things down and love to journal. Gregg has seen me, on many occasions, get lost in what I'm writing. He knows how much I love writing and gave me a gift to help further that along.

Afterwards, we went out to eat at a local Italian restaurant called Carino's. For those of you who have eaten at a Carino's, you know how delicious the food is. If you haven't eaten at one, I would highly recommend it. Their lasagna is fabulous and melts in your mouth. And, the portions are large enough that you should have leftovers, yummy!

On Sunday, Mother's Day, we went to church in the morning. We stayed and visited with several people and got to know them better. It was a nice little time of fellowship. From there we went to lunch. We had another great meal at a place called Gringo's. Today's meal was Mexican (as if you couldn't tell by the name). Two different spectrums regarding food but equally delicious.

Once we got home, Gregg and Violet showered me with cards and gifts. Two more wonderful books that I cannot wait to start reading! By the way, just so you know, I am a huge lover of books. Gregg and I both hope to have a house big enough to have a small library in an office / study someday. We already have enough books to cover a wall. Now, we just need the space and the bookshelves.

I have been royally spoiled this weekend. But more than that, I have enjoyed the great times with my husband and daughter. They are the most precious gifts that I have ever been given. I cannot thank God enough for blessing me with my family. I couldn't ask for a better husband or daughter!

No comments: