Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Reunions

We went to Galveston on Sunday to visit family that we've not seen in ages. One of my cousins is down from the ice land also known as Minnesota. Eddie, my cousin, and I haven't seen one another in over seven years. I hadn't met his wife or his two boys and looked forward to meeting them for the first time. Sadly, we arrived late due to trying to have Violet take a nap before we went there. (She woke up early and was pretty crabby before noon had even arrived.) We missed out of some good fellowship but made the most of the time we had.

Violet took to her new cousins (new to her) almost from the start. She and her two cousins were running around, squealing, and jumping all over the place by the end of the night. Watching the three of them reminded me of my childhood with my two cousins, Eddie and his brother Steven. It's kind of ironic that my cousin has two boys and I'm the mother of a girl. Anyway, it was a huge flash-to-the-past watching the three kids playing.

No comments: