Thursday, June 12, 2008

Insanity

Every time we get ready to go on a trip my husband declares that his wife is somewhat of a "loon". I have to agree with him on that observation. Our upcoming trip is no exception. I've been obsessing about what to pack and how to pack it. No matter how well I plan I either pack too much or forget some important item. I guess my brain just gets overloaded with everything and starts to fritz out on me.

I did my pre-trip shopping tonight and am beyond frustrated. After going to two different major stores, I am still without containers for our shampoos and such. I've got to go out again, to another store, and try to find what I need. Needless to say, this is not helping my brain control my stress impulses. By the time Saturday gets here my husband will be ready to kick me to the curb.

I love to travel, it's just the matter of preparing for the trip that gets to me. It would be wonderful if we could be like a magic genie and just clap our arms together, bob our heads, and pouf! we're at our destination. Until that happens, or I get a brain transplant, my family will just have to learn to look the other way when I get befuddled and insanity strikes.

No comments: