Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Conversation

We called Gregg's Grandmother on Monday to wish her a happy birthday. While we were on the phone we let Violet talk to her G.G and G. Paw. She jabbered like she's never done before and it was quite amusing to listen to. Here is a tidbit of the conversation...

G.G. ~ So Violet, when are you going to come see us again? (They live in Indiana.)
Violet ~ Soon! I'm gonna get on a plane and fly there ALL by myself. Mommy and Daddy can't come either. They have to stay home and take care of Pepper (our cat).
G.G. ~ Is that so?
Violet ~ Yeah. And the plane flies really high in the air. You can look out the window and see the clouds!
G.G. ~ Wow, that sounds nice.
Violet ~ It is.


Afterwards...


Violet ~ Can I go see G.G. and G.Paw tomorrow?
Me ~ No baby, I'm sorry but we can't. They live a long ways away but we'll try to go for a visit soon.
Violet ~ That's okay. I can fly there all by myself. I'll take Molly with me (Violet's favorite doll).
Me ~ Honey, it's going to be a very, very long time before you'll be able to fly somewhere without me or Daddy.
Violet ~ I'm a big girl. I can do it.
Me ~ Yes, you are growing up quite fast. Do me a favor though?
Violet ~ Yes?
Me ~ Please don't be in such a hurry to grow up.
Violet ~ Aww Mommy, I'll ALWAYS be your little girl!


She's just the cutest thing.

No comments: