Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sleep, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?

Sleep, why hast thou forsaken me? I miss you dearly and would love for you to return to me. Where have you gone? Why won't you come back? Please sleep, please return to me.


It seems that I'm the only person in my family that you have issues with. I've been limiting my caffeine intake. I'm learning to settle down and relax as bedtime draws near. I'm even taking long hot soaks in the tub with just candles lighting the room in hopes that they will lull you to my exhausted self. Please sleep, please return to me. I miss you so so very much.

You visited Violet this weekend in the form of a nap. She came into the hallway with her pillow and blanket and just fell asleep right there. Violet gave up her naps when she turned three. I was so jealous. It's not a cool thing to be envious of your daughter. Do you see what you're doing to me sleep? I need you to visit me soon for the sake of my sanity. Also, I'm pretty sure that a decent amount of sleep would help me with the killer headaches I've been having. So, are listening sleep? I'd be willing to do or give just about anything just for you to pay me a nice visit.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Insomnia is no fun at ALL. I had the worst time with it a while back and found that getting up two hours early for about a week kind of reset my clock and I was able to sleep better. If you're desperate enough you might give that a try. I hope things turn around for you soon!

Jen said...

I am sending sleep vibes your way. Not getting enough sleep is no fun at all.