Saturday, December 12, 2009

Time Management

I think I may have bit off more than I can chew regarding making our Christmas gifts this year. I had decided, right before Thanksgiving, that kiddo and I would make homemade gifts for our family. We went shopping for all the components for our gifts on Thursday (this week, not on Thanksgiving). Ummm, yeah, I'm not the best at time management. Those who know me well are not surprised by that admission.

We went to four different stores for the items we needed to make our gifts. I even had my hubby call a few stores to see if they had what we needed. (Violet and I were out on the road otherwise I would have been doing the calls.) After bringing everything home, and doing a "test run" on one of them, I discovered I had gotten something wrong. Ugh!!! Hubby (the greatest man on earth) is out right now getting the right item for us. (Thanks Baby!) Meanwhile, I'm praying that everything will turn out okay. I'll be sure to post photos after Christmas (I don't want to spoil the surprise). I'm so not a crafty person but I try!

AFTER THOUGHT: Okay, as I started this lovely project I realized that there are some things that Violet can't be around due to smells/fumes. Bummer! So, I've had the wonderful job of working with those items. Still, there are a few things that she can do once I get to a certain point in the whole process. She's very eager to start her job. I'm eager to get everything done so we can get them in the mail (and to their final destinations) in time. Meanwhile, I'm chanting "Please let them turn out okay! Please let them turn out okay! Please let them turn out okay!!!"

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Homemade gifts from the heart are IMO the BEST gifts ever. Sorry it's not all working out exactly like you planned, but kudos to you for giving it a go!