Saturday, April 14, 2012

Field of Dreams

In my last post I shared our beautiful state flower, the bluebonnet, with you. Well, our search for more bluebonnets continued this weekend. Gregg, Violet and I went to one of my favorite areas of Texas - Brenham and Chappell Hill. Or, as I like to call them, "God's Country". The rolling hills of this area are so beautiful and they remind me of my time spent at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. Go Cru! Whenever Gregg and I would drive home, or back to school, we would drive through this lovely land. It truly is beautiful!

During our drive we were hopeful that we'd see the beautiful flower that we were seeking. But we also knew that we were at the ending of the small window of time when they are in bloom. We drove around, enjoying the scenery, with only seeing a small patch of bluebonnets here and there. But there was nothing like what we found last weekend. Just as we had about given up hope of finding the blue fields of our dreams we topped a hill and found a treat more special than a truck load of candy! We found our beloved bluebonnets!


We were in a bit of a race to get that one special picture as there were some nasty clouds rolling in. The wind was pretty crazy, we were in the hills after all, and so Gregg had Violet and I facing the wind. This photo is straight from the camera, and could use some touch ups, but I actually like it. This photo gives you an idea of what a field of these beauties looks like.


My handsome hubby was a bit on the scruffy side today and he really didn't want to have his photo taken. Thankfully, I was able to convince him to get in front of the camera with our beautiful girl. I love this photo! There were a lot of giggles going on when I snapped this and it makes me smile seeing them enjoying their time together.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics, great memories!

Kimberly said...

Thank you!

Jen said...

I do love that last photo. So, so, sweet. I can hear the giggles all the way in Tennessee.